Part-No.: EP9511 Function: Tx, Standard: HDMI 2.1
EP9511A is a HDMI Audio Transmitter with the embedded Video Timing Generator. The chip is compliant with HDMI 2.1 and HDCP 1.4 specifications. The chip provides the programmable video timing generator and carry the audio input data in IIS, SPDIF, DSD or HBR format into HDMI output differential signals. The chip supports HDMI 2.1 eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) and ARC (Audio Return Channel) RX. The chip also provides the embedded multiplexer to reduce the system cost in HDMI Audio Repeater Application.
EP9511E is integrated with an on-chip eFlash MCU with pre-programmed firmware driver for HDCP 1.4 handling in HDMI TX output and HDMI 2.1 eARC/ARC RX control. Software development effort can be greatly reduced.
HDMI Audio Transmiter / 1080p eARC/ARC repeater (new)
- HDMI Specification 2.1 Compliant
- HDCP Specification 1.4 Compliant (HDMI TX)
- Wide TMDS Clock Frequency Range: 25MHz – 165MHz
- Support 8-bit video up to 1080p in HDMI mode
- Support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) Receiving
- Support ARC (Audio Return Channel) Receiving
- For HDMI TX, support IIS, SPDIF (LPCM or compressed), DSD (Super Audio CD) and HBR (High Bit Rate) audio types in Audio Input Pins
- For eARC RX, support up to 8-channel unencrypted LPCM audio and unencrypted IEC-61937 compressed audio to IIS or SPDIF output
- For eARC RX, support up to 6-channel DSD audio
- For ARC RX, convert the single mode or common mode ARC signalling to digital SPDIF output
- On-chip MUX to switch the eARC/ARC decoded audio and the audio decoded from external HDMI Repeater
- Support auto-send for AVI, ADO, ACR (Audio Clock Regeneration) and General Control packets.
- Support 1 Generic Data Packet buffers
- Support 1 port of SPDIF audio input (without the need for system clock), 4 ports of IIS audio inputs or 8 channels of DSD audio inputs
- Supports audio down sampling at 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 sampling rate for both SPDIF and IIS
- Supports Receiver Hot Plug Detection and Receiver Connection Detection
- Downward compatible with DVI 1.0
- On-chip eFlash MCU with pre-programmed firmware driver (EP9511E)
- Supports On-chip Test Pattern Generation (TPG) and PLL for Video Timing Generation
- Supports Reverse Ordering for HDMI TX differential data pins for PCB layout flexibility
- Supports Power Down Mode
- 3.3V and 1.8V power required
- 64-Pin LQFP Package (Pb_free) — EP9511E
- 56-Pin QFN Package (Pb_free) — EP9511A
Contact us for your inquiry!